It has come to our attention that The Semrad Law Firm name was misappropriated recently for an email scam. The scammers used our firm name to lend credibility to a dishonest communication that violates many laws regarding fair debt collection and fraud, and threatens the receiver with a lawsuit. We understand how unnerving it can be to receive a threatening communication that demands you take immediate action to avoid serious consequences, so we want to set your mind at ease.
Please be aware:
- The Semrad Law Firm represents DEBTORS ONLY and does not work for creditors attempting to collect unpaid debts.
- The email contains many errors of English language usage that generally indicate a foreign source for the communication.
- You are not required to do anything in response to this scam email. Just delete it. However, if you wish to report this crime – and this email is a federal crime, not a prank– you can contact your local FBI field office.
The Semrad Law Firm exists to help consumers. If we can ever be of service to you, do not hesitate to call us at 312-913-0630 or contact our office online.
Affordable Chicago Bankruptcy Attorneys Can Stop the Madness
Safe, sane and responsible steps towards debt relief
If you've lost your job, are unable to work, suffered a business setback or simply don't have the money to pay your bills, don't hesitate to ask for help. The sooner you act, the sooner you can start to breathe freely again.
- Stop Foreclosure. Save Your Home. — Filing for bankruptcy can prevent mortgage lenders from pursuing foreclosure on your home. Under Chapter 13 bankruptcy, debt can be reorganized into a manageable repayment plan, which can lower your monthly mortgage payment and allow you to keep your home.
- Stop Chicago Tickets. — Eliminate All Penalties & Fees. Get Your License Back. The state will suspend your driver's license for unpaid Chicago parking tickets. A DebtStoppers bankruptcy plan can wipe out all parking ticket debt and get your license re-instated immediately.
- Stop Repossession. Get Your Car or Truck Back. Lower Your Payment. — Filing for bankruptcy gives you automatic stay protection, which prevents repossession agents from taking your vehicle. If you act quickly, bankruptcy can even get your repossessed car or truck back — and at a lower monthly payment.
- Stop Wage Garnishment. — Garnishment is a court order that forces your employer to withhold a portion of your paycheck — up to 25% of your after-tax pay, and deliver that money to a creditor. You lose the ability to decide how to spend your pay, and your employer learns way too much about your financial hardship. Bankruptcy takes that garnishment off your check, saving you from the inconvenience and embarrassment.
- Stop Credit Card Debt. Repair Your Credit. — As your debt-to-income ratio increases, your credit score decreases. In response, lenders react with increased interest rates and tightening your credit. Filing for bankruptcy can actually reverse this trend, as you begin to take the necessary steps to repair your credit.
- Stop Creditor Harassment. — By filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, the bankruptcy court provides you automatic stay protection. After this action is taken, creditors can't contact you directly and can only attempt to collect on your debts through the bankruptcy court. The automatic stay effectively stops harassing phone calls and other collection tactics. If creditors ignore this court order, you may be able to pursue a lawsuit against them for damages!
- Keep Your Possessions. — Many people think that filing for bankruptcy forces you to sell everything you own. Nothing could be further from the truth. Bankruptcy helps you retain important items including your house, your vehicle, your retirement plan – even your cash.
A Chicago bankruptcy attorney at DebtStoppers can help you move from financial distress to the peace of mind you deserve. To learn about the life-changing power of bankruptcy, contact our office TODAY. For a FREE, no obligation consultation, call 312-913-0630.